Bridges Community Health Centre (operated by Greater Fort Erie Health Services Corporation) is a newly established Community Health Centre (CHC) that will operate sites in Fort Erie and Port Colborne. Bridges CHC is a non-profit, community-governed organization that will provide primary health care, health promotion and community development services, using many different types of health care providers who work as a team. These teams often include physicians, nurse practitioners, dieticians, health promoters, counsellors and others. We offer a competitive salary and benefits in a family friendly environment.
Bridges CHC is currently looking for an Executive Director who will administer all aspects of the CHC and ensure the delivery of health services to the community by interpreting and implementing Board policies and programs and by fostering a multidisciplinary team approach and atmosphere.
The successful candidate will have extensive administrative and managerial experience in a leadership capacity ideally within a community health or social services not-for-profit organization. In addition the Executive Director will have the capacity to explore innovative approaches to seek out new solutions in order to better respond to the complex needs of a community with limited health care resources. This is an exciting opportunity to work with our developing organization.
- Thorough knowledge and proficiency in strategic planning, program development and evaluation.
- A successful history of budget negotiation and management, program administration and financial development.
- Proven ability to approach new challenges with creativity.
- Preferred experience with progressive management responsibility in community health or social services.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a multi-disciplinary team environment.
- Demonstrated commitment to and knowledge of community development and community-based health care within a determinant of health framework.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Proven ability to establish and maintain productive relationships with other community-based organizations, a board of directors and government agencies.
- Sound knowledge and application of human resource management and accounting policies and principles.
The ideal candidate will possess a combination of education in business, public/health administration or human services field (from a recognized post-secondary institution) and significant administration or management experience. Bridges CHC wishes to be a culturally competent and diverse organization. Candidates with a second language are preferred. We encourage applicants from all backgrounds.
If your skills and experience match the requirements of this position please forward your resume to email@example.com Attention: Board Chair by February 15, 2008.
All inquiries and resumes will be held in strict confidence.