Ben Franklin Centre, 101 Centre pointe Drive
Funded through the Ontario Ministry of Health Promotion, the Alcohol Policy Network in partnership with the Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, Toronto Public Health, York Region Health Services, and Ottawa Public Health is pleased to invite you to the 5th annual Alcohol: No ordinary commodity forum. This forum is free of charge and includes lunch, participant packages, and presentations from renowned speakers including:
- Norman Giesbrecht, Senior Scientist, Centre for Addiction and Mental Health; Dept. of Public Health Sciences, University of Toronto
- Anca Ialomiteanu, Research Coordinator, Population Studies, Social, Prevention and Health Policy Research Dept., Centre for Addiction and Mental Health
- Carolyn Franklin, Senior Advisor, National Framework Secretariat, Canadian Centre on Substance Abuse
- Barbara Miles, Coordinator, Prevention & Community Education Addiction Services, Department of Health Promotion and Protection, Government of Nova Scotia
- Reggie Caverson, Senior Health Promotion Consultant & Health Education Enforcement Partnership (HEP) Coordinator, Centre for Addiction and Mental Health
- John Garcia, Director, Knowledge Exchange and Systems Evaluation, Ontario Tobacco Research Unit; Senior Consultant, Preventive Oncology, Cancer Care Ontario; Dept. of Public Health Sciences, University of Toronto
The forum will be focusing on national and provincial alcohol strategies and their implications at the local level. The aim of this forum is to bring substance abuse prevention professionals along with policy makers and partner agencies together in an opportunity for networking, discussions and knowledge exchange. This year we will be discussing the impact that national and provincial strategies have on the local community.
For further information and to register for this exciting event, please visit: http://www.apolnet.ca/resources/education/presentations.html#AlCommod5.
If you have any questions regarding this event, please contact Jennifer Lodge at firstname.lastname@example.org.