One of Canada's top sources for women's health information and action seeking IT leader for our website, other electronic communications, and in-house computer systems.
- You will be responsible for the design, maintenance and hosting of the large bilingual CWHN website as well as several smaller sites maintained for partner organizations.
- You will ensure access to the on-line databases of our large virtual Women's Health Information Centre, national media database and media email/fax systems, our e-bulletin and several email discussion groups.
- Working with a network administrator, you will ensure that CWHN's in-house computer systems, including web hosting, are maintained and upgraded.
- Together with other staff, you will develop content for the website and ensure the up-to-date information our users have come to expect.
- Most importantly, you will play a key leadership role in helping CWHN innovate and use new hardware and software tools for national and international communication, information sharing, on-line collaboration, new media, on-line fundraising and more.
Three to five years demonstrated experience required. Bilingual preferred. Experience with project management and in the non-profit, volunteer sector are assets. CWHN is part of a national women's health policy research program supported by Health Canada. More Information about CWHN is available at www.cwhn.ca
Compensation: $37,440 - 43,797 annually, with generous benefit plan. Three weeks vacation; four weeks after three years. Located in Winnipeg. Full-time, on-going position.
Interested candidates should submit their resume with a cover letter describing how they meet the position requirements, what they see as the key health issues currently facing women in Canada, and three references. Samples of published website writing or website design/development plans may be appended. Applications may be submitted by February 18, 2008, by fax at (204) 989-2355, e-mail to email@example.com, or to the
Canadian Women's Health Network
203-419 Graham Avenue
Winnipeg, MB R3C 0M3
CWHN is an equity employer. Aboriginal women, women of colour and from language minorities, lesbians and women with disabilities are encouraged to apply. We are grateful for all applications; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.