10 Month Temporary Full-Time, 35 hours / week - Maternity Leave Replacement
As a member of our multi-disciplinary team of primary health care providers and health promoters, the Dietitian / Nutritionist plans and directs the nutritional care of Centre clients and participates in community health education (groups and individuals) to promote health through better nutrition.
- Perform nutritional assessments, develop client-focused nutritional plans, and provide health education / counselling and other clinical activities.
- Develop and / or obtain nutritional education resources to meet the needs of the clients and the Centre.
- Ensure appropriate, comprehensive treatment is delivered by maintaining client records and encountering client data, and by answering inquiries and directing clients or providing appropriate treatment within the safeguard of confidentiality.
- Work with Centre staff to develop, implement and evaluate nutrition health promotion activities and new programs in the community by identifying health needs and increasing awareness of nutrition services.
- Assess community nutrition needs and barriers to acquiring adequate nutrition.
- Participate in team meetings and centre-wide community initiatives to improve access to adequate nutrition.
- Maintain and enhance professional competencies through appropriate continuing education.
- Assist in developing and revising protocols, procedures and policies as required by the Centre to improve client services.
- Perform other duties as requested by the Executive Director.
- Extensive knowledge of and proficiency in nutrition care.
- Excellent clinical assessment skills.
- Minimum of three years post-internship experience in clinical counseling and community nutrition.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a multi-disciplinary team environment.
- Commitment to and knowledge of community-based health care and resources.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in the use of computers and various software applications.
- University degree in food and nutrition from a recognized university.
- Completion of an accredited Dietitian Internship.
- Membership with the College of Dietitians of Ontario.
- Proficiency in a second language an asset.
- A nice sense of humour wouldn't hurt.
Black Creek CHC is a client centred organization serving people with diverse backgrounds. We especially encourage candidates to apply who enjoy being part of a dynamic multicultural, multiracial community.
Salary Range: $47,609 - $59,511.
Start Date: March 1, 2008 (negotiable)
Application Process: Please send your resume and detailed cover letter to: Cary Milner, Executive Director, Black Creek CHC, 2202 Jane Street, Unit 5, Toronto, ON M3M 1A4 by no later than February 15, 2008.
Please note: only people invited for an interview will be contacted.