Ophea (Ontario Physical and Health Education Association) is a dynamic not-for-profit organization with a staff of approximately 30 individuals. Ophea exists to support Ontario's school communities through advocacy, quality programs and services, and partnership building in order to enable children and youth to lead active, healthy lives. Services are provided to a variety of individuals including elementary and secondary school teachers, public health professionals, and recreation leaders. Ophea also works closely with provincial government ministries, corporations, and other not-for-profit organizations.
A Web Communications Projects Coordinator is required by Ophea to provide web-based communications development, support and promotion.
Knowledge (formal education or general knowledge) required
Post Secondary education in content management, communications or related discipline and 1 to 2 years experience working in a marketing and communications and managing content for two or more websites (including developing and managing a content schedule, writing, editing and posting content). Knowledge of the health and physical activity community, particularly as it pertains to children and youth is an asset.
Skills & Experience required:
- Very strong writing and editing skills with experience writing and editing for the web. Ability to organize significant amounts of content and leverage it across multiple sites. Proven content management and project management skills are essential. Computer experience in word processing, data management and the internet required. Experience working with a content management system, Photoshop and developing websites is an asset. Bilingualism also an asset.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Supports the development and ongoing maintenance of Ophea's web sites including http://www.ophea.net
- works with the IT Leader and appropriate suppliers to develop new Ophea web sites including the re-design of www.ophea.net
- conducts web needs assessments (e.g., HTML email compatibility, usability testing etc)
- oversees the tracking and analysis of all web-based activity and reports on website statistics (e.g., traffic, click-through rates)
2. Manages, develops and maintains content for Ophea's websites and web based communications
- writes, edits, proofreads, updates and manages content for all Ophea web based communications and websites (including ophea.net, playsport.net, ophea.net/parc, activ8.org, livingschool.ca)
- conducts regular quality control audits on all websites, ensuring content is accurate and up-to-date and makes recommendations regarding leveraging content across Ophea Websites.
- supports, and at times leads, the process for solicitation of new content
- provides input into the development of web-based marketing and communications strategies to complement off-line marketing and communications activities
3. Provides administrative support for projects in his/her portfolio
- provides administrative support to Leaders and project committees as required
- provides administrative support to external consultants where required
- provides customer service to clients
- provides summary reports as required
- maintains accurate project records and files, manually and electronically
- records summary of team meeting discussions using meeting minutes tool
4. Monitors and maintains budgets specific to project portfolio
- investigates and collects supplier quotes
- supports budget development for projects in portfolio
5. Performs other duties as assigned
To Apply, please forward your resume no later than July 16, 2008, to:
Ophea (Ontario Physical and Health Education Association)
1185 Eglinton Avenue East, Suite 501
North York, ON M3C 3C6
Fax: (416) 426-7373
Please note: Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted