Ophea (Ontario Physical and Health Education Association) is a dynamic not-for-profit organization with a staff of approximately 30 individuals. Ophea exists to support Ontario's school communities through advocacy, quality program supports and partnerships to enable children and youth to lead active healthy lives. Services are provided to a variety of individuals including elementary and secondary school teachers, public health professionals, child care educators and recreation leaders, and Ophea works closely with provincial government ministries, corporations, and other not-for-profit organizations.
A Research & Evaluation Projects Coordinator is required by Ophea to coordinate the implementation of program evaluation plans and for supporting assigned organizational research and evaluation objectives and for assisting in the planning, reporting and related administration processes.
Knowledge (formal education or general knowledge) required:
Post Secondary education in social sciences, communications, marketing or related discipline, with a strong background in research and program evaluation. An understanding and knowledge related to health and physical education, physical activity, health promotion and the Ontario education sector is an asset. Bilingualism is also an asset.
Skills & Experience required:
Current knowledge and experience with various quantitative and qualitative research methodologies coupled with program evaluation, market research and reporting techniques. Computer experience in word processing, database management, statistical packages (SPSS), and the Internet is required. Ability to work on a team and independently as well as an ability to meet deadlines and juggle multiple tasks at one time. Experience in project management, writing reports and developing presentations is essential.
1. Supports and coordinates implementation of research and evaluation activities
- Supports the Research and Evaluation Leader in the development of program evaluation plans
- Leads implementation of program evaluation plans performing duties such as data collection, reporting, development of research instruments and protocols, data entry, web site tracking, data analysis and liaising with suppliers (where applicable - in consultation with Research & Evaluation Leader)
- Supports process for internal communication of program evaluation results
- Participates actively in implementation team meetings
2. Supports Organizational Research & Evaluation
- Coordinates data collection and analysis for annual organizational evaluation report (Balanced Scorecard)
- Supports development and maintenance of organizational tracking systems (i.e. client profiles, volunteers, fulfillment, etc.)
- Conducts research including web searches, environmental scans, literature reviews to support organizational objectives such as revenue generation, advocacy, organizational responses/positions, partnership/business development
- Supports Organizational Knowledge Management
3. Provides administrative support for projects in his/her portfolio.
- provides administrative support to Leaders and project committees as required
- provides administrative support to external consultants where required
- provides customer service to clients
- provides summary reports as required
- maintains accurate project records and files, manually and electronically
- records summary of team meeting discussions using meeting minutes tool
4. Monitors and maintains budgets specific to project portfolio
- investigates and collects supplier quotes
- supports budget development for projects in portfolio
5. Performs other duties as assigned.
To Apply, please forward your resume no later than July 14, 2008, to:
Ophea (Ontario Physical and Health Education Association)
1185 Eglinton Avenue East, Suite 501
North York, ON M3C 3C6
Fax: (416) 426-7373
Please note: Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted