Posting Number H-219-08 $68,602 - $85,752
Closing Date: July 18, 2008
A Masters Degree in Science, Health Science or Environmental Health Sciences, or an equivalent Masters Degree with education in toxicology and epidemiology, and experience working on environmental issues required. Skills and working experience in health-based environmental research is required. Solid analytical and critical appraisal skills with a sound understanding of the relationship of environmental factors to health are essential.
- Critically appraises and researches a variety of environmental health issues and provides expert comments, recommendations and evaluations.
- Translates complex, technical information about environmental health issues into written documents/reports that are understandable for various audiences.
- Reviews and analyses health impact assessments of government and private sector undertakings.
- Develops and implements programs to address environmental health issues.
- Writes policy papers, reports and educational materials on environmental health issues.
- Manages special projects and contracts.
- Represents the Health Department on internal and external committees related to a variety of environmental and other public health issues.
- Responds to requests for information on health impacts associated with environmental issues.
- Performs other duties as required.
To view the complete job posting and for information on how to apply to Halton Region, please visit http://www.halton.ca/about/jobs/JobPostings.cfm.