Invest in Kids is a national charitable organization dedicated to helping parents become the kind of parents they want and need to be. We aim to strengthen the parenting knowledge, skills and confidence of all who touch the lives of our youngest children
We are looking for individuals interested in part-time or full time contract work to develop high quality content for parents of young children and the professionals who support them. Working with all IK teams as needed, main responsibilities include, translating the science of parenting and child development into engaging, understandable and meaningful content for parents, professionals and the media. Within the Comfort, Play & Teach framework where relevant
You will create new content and update/adapt existing content for use on Invest in Kids' websites, for external publications, for Invest in Kids' parent-focus resources and professional resources and curricula. Currently these include articles for publications such as OH BABY! and Canadian Living, Comfort, Play & Teach cards, website content for parents and professionals etc.
Invest in Kids has a number of projects underway needing content expertise and we are happy to consider flexible contracts.
- Proven ability to translate scientific information into engaging, understandable and meaningful content for a variety of audiences at a range of literacy and sophistication.
- Familiarity with current research and best practice in parenting and child development.
- Masters Degree in relevant area of social science with a focus on parenting and/or child development.
- Comfortable using web content management software, or willing/able to learn.
- The ability to meet deadlines, work under pressure and be part of a team.
- Obsessive attention to detail
- Bilingual (French/English). Ability to communicate well in both languages, a plus
Compensation- Commensurate with experience.
Interested applicants are invited to submit their resumes using one the following methods:
Invest in Kids
425 Adelaide Street West
Toronto, ON M5V 3C1
Email to [email protected]
Fax to (416) 977-9655, Attn: Viridiana Garcia- Marta
Closing Date- September 24, 2008
[Source: mnchp-l, http://www.beststart.org/services/information.html]